Thursday, October 13, 2022

Fun with assemblages.

small assemblage with doll, beads, plastic flower

I've been inspired by watching Gary Hanson make his assemblages on YouTube, and wanted to make one of my own. This one is called, “She Could Steal But She Could Not Rob.” 

I started by covering an iPhone box lid with old magazine pages, then adding elements from my seeming endless supply of odds and ends. 

I love the movement of the beads in the upper section, and also love the character of the little person, even though she leans a little to the right (literally, not politically). 

There are lot of things I’ll do differently next time. One problem I don’t know how to solve is getting the glass inset and glued cleanly. Gary uses silicone, but I made a big mess with that. So I tried gel medium, but that is also unsightly around the edges. I’m putting a question in to Gary on his YouTube channel, and hopefully I’ll get an answer. In the meantime, do you have a suggestion? 

No comments:

Post a Comment