Sunday, November 7, 2021

Art history.

brunelleschi's basilica
Art History has been a longtime fascination of mine, in particular, the Renaissance. I took my first real Art History classes not so long ago (thank you Brad Anderson) and I’m always looking for ways to learn more. About a year ago, I ran across the Smithsonian Art History certificate program. I enrolled and now am almost finished with the course. One of the best discoveries has been Rocky Ruggiero, a frequent lecturer for the Smithsonian. He’s passionate about the Italian Renaissance and is quite entertaining. He also has a podcast, a YouTube channel, and plenty of programs of all sorts available on his website (a future fantasy is that after-hours trip to the Sistine Chapel!). Just today I ran across his book, which I promptly ordered and will devour once it arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment